Thursday, May 16, 2013

Our Neighborhood and School

I love our little corner of Henderson.  My family has lived here for about 21 years, in an area I have always known as Section 27, known as the horse streets, to many others.  Other than our 1 year in a condo and our 1 year in Salt Lake, I have lived in Section 27 since I was 9.  I kind of really love it.  I was walking Soren to school a month or so ago and just fell in love all over again with this little community.  

Cactus can actually be pretty especially when it blooms these gorgeous flowers.  The desert can really surprise you with it's beauty if you take the time to really look for it.

River Mountain Park is simply stunning and it's so nice to see the seasons change on the lush mature trees here.


I love love the kids school.  I always joke about "Once a Wolf, Always a Wolf" from our high school and while that is definitely true, I also think "Once a Diamondback, Always a Diamondback".  I'm going to be spending a lot more time there next year as I train to become the new PTA president.

Speaking of school, the kids had their Field Day back in April.  They should move it to March because April is already getting so hot and the kids were lathered in sunscreen and wore hats.  Good thing they love the water games and have fun regardless of the temperature.

Dooley also recently held their Academic and Art Extravaganza!  Each kid had a picture they drew up on the walls near their classrooms.  We were glancing by them when we noticed that Shelby's had a green sticker.  The green sticker means she won Best of Show (there were only 2 in the whole second grade that we saw).  Didn't I just mention she was super talented?!  

Finally, last week was Teacher Appreciation Week.  I love this week.  I'm not a teacher but I love being able to show my deep and great appreciation to the wonderful teachers at Dooley.  This was my 4th year decorating doors.  I seriously love it!  From left to right: Ms Jappe, Ms Rehm, Ms Greenough, Library, and Ms Carlson (which I didn't do and can't take credit it for but I loved it so much that I had to take a picture of it).  I also helped bring in food for the teacher luncheons a couple days and of course did a handmade gift for each of the kids' teachers.  I seriously love the teachers and administration and I'm really looking forward to working with them more over the next couple years.

No comments:

Post a Comment