Saturday, June 6, 2015

The Payson Temple

I love to see the temple, I'm going there someday. To feel the Holy Spirit, to listen and to pray. For the temple is a house of God, a place of love and beauty. I'll prepare myself while I am young, this is my sacred duty.

Utah is the land of temples and yet they still continue to build more. I'm so grateful for temples and for the chance we had to walk through the Payson temple before it was dedicated. It was such a long line and we were sick of standing. My back hurt from packing Sam around and it was hot going up and down the stairs but I wouldn't have missed that feeling with my kids for anything. The Spirit was so strong there even having not been set apart as a house of the Lord yet.

The kids were loving the flowers and getting the chance to use my good camera to take pictures of them. I'm not sure which kid took which picture but it wasn't me.


The symbolism inside temples fascinates me and I just want to know more and find more. So the whole time we walked around I kept pointing out all the apple blossom flowers and stars and the dark wood versus light wood and so on and so on. I hope my kids found it interesting instead of boring. I hope and pray that they felt the Spirit like I did and they have a desire to return to the temple some day.

This little bug was so good and hardly fussed at all. I can't even express in words how grateful I am that I received personal revelation while in the temple to find joy and enjoy my children and to let the Lord work in my life instead of force the work on the Lord. He's done marvelous things with my family and I'm so grateful for that.

Life is far from perfect and I sometime forget to continually count my blessings instead of hardships but I'm grateful for the Gospel in my life and for my knowledge and testimony of eternal families and temples. I get to be with this family for all of eternity and that's pretty awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment