Saturday, April 23, 2016

Lucky Number Seven

We got a very unexpected, happy surprise this winter. Ben and I were just not sure if we should try for another or if our family was complete. It took us so long to get pregnant with Sam and we just didn't want to have another huge gap but felt like maybe Sam needed a buddy. We prayed and prayed and neither of us felt inspired one way or another. I had had a bit of a blood clot scare back in the early summer of last year and was taking coumadin, which is nasty stuff to get pregnant on so we were preventing the best we could. Around November my pills were running out and I was taking fewer and fewer than I was supposed to. On November 28th I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I wasn't too sad, more relieved that I didn't have to worry about my meds. But I continued to feel a little off and felt like I should take another test. So on December 9th, I took another test that was positive. All I could do was cry. I was kind of in shock and doubt about the whole thing and immediately worried about if the meds had affected the baby. We have been more than reassured in that area and just know that everything is perfect. I had a scary moment around 11 weeks with some bleeding but an ultrasound found no problems. I've had blood pressure issues that are being watched as well and I'm giving myself shots of blood thinner twice a day in my stomach. Needless to say, I'm a bit high risk and Ben and I both agree wholeheartedly, that this is our final baby. This little one will complete us and we couldn't be happier about that. I'm being closely watched by several doctors and have had many ultrasounds. The last one was on my birthday and it confirmed that we are having a...

Little Girl! We are so excited for another sister amongest all these brothers. Shelby was actually a little disappointed that it was a girl because she has discovered and grown to love her role as the only princess in the house and doesn't want to ever share a room. I think she's getting used to the idea and may actually be excited now ;). She's been my quietest baby and doesn't move very much. We are all so anxious to see what she's going to look like and get to know her and her sweet personality. Back when I was pregnant with Sam and I was really thinking and hoping he was a girl, only to find out he was a boy, Ben said something we both have not forgotten. He said something along the lines of what if there is still a girl coming but if she came before Sam we might have decided then that we were for sure done. I know for a fact that this little girl was meant to join our family as it's sweet caboose. And I know that Sam was sent to us as a much needed miracle and that our family would not be complete without either of these amazing spirits. The Lord knows what He's doing even if I don't always understand it. We are blessed beyond measure and I can't wait to hold this baby girl and be a whole and complete family of 7 in late July.

No comments:

Post a Comment