Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Twinkle Twinkle

"Though she be but little, she is fierce"
Introducing our tiny miracle, Starlynn Tami. Born on June 4th at 7:30AM, weighing 3lbs 9oz and 16 inches long.

I have to share how we came up with her name. Really Ben takes all the credit for her first name. Of course we had to come up with another S name and we were really struggling with choosing a name we both really loved. Then one night Ben was in the shower and letting his mind wander to 'what ifs'. What if something happened to me when the baby was born? He wanted my name to be a part of her name but Staryn was kind of weird. Then Starlynn came to him. STARlYNn. When he first suggested the name I loved it immediately but somehow managed to love it even more after he showed me how my name was in it. For her middle name we had both wanted to use Tami. My mom's name is Tamara but she's gone by Tami her whole life and Ben has a sister who passed away as an infant, named Tami. It was the perfect name to cover both families. While I was laying in bed during that week, trying to stay pregnant, Ben would sing her lullaby to me, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and I am Like a Star from the Primary hymnbook. We sing these songs to her even now and she will probably get sick of them someday but they mean so much to me right now.

Her birthday is kind of special too. The earliest I could have been induced if she'd gone full term, was my grandma Water's birthday. Well she was early and instead was born on my grandma's sister Janette's birthday. Janette passed away several years before my grandma and I could just imagine the two of them arguing over who's birthday she'd share. I'm sure they, along with Ben's grandma and my grammy Day, were taking very good care of Starlynn before she joined us on this earth. I know those sweet spirits loved on her and infused their fighting spirits into her little body to help her survive and make it through her first trial of this life.

She's our little shining Star and we are so grateful she's here safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment