Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Decade of Wedded Bliss

Tonight wraps up our Anniversary week.  A week ago, on November 29th, was our 10 year wedding anniversary and today is the 9 year anniversary of our sealing.  I can hardly believe it's been 10 years already.  And I didn't think it was possible to love Ben more but after our anniversary weekend, I can say that I do.  We didn't do a fancy trip or even a hotel.  Ben's mom took the kids for 2 nights and we enjoyed an empty house and each other.  I got spoiled with a couple gifts and Ben got to pick where we ate for dinner.  He made an excellent choice in picking Texas de Brazil.  It was our first time and dang, it was good! I simply loved just getting to spend some much needed uninterrupted time with him.  Life is busy and there are so many distractions, so it was nice to focus on each other for a couple days.  Don't mind me as I get all sappy but I love my husband.  He is my very best friend and I can't even imagine life without him, I try not to actually.  He makes me laugh on a daily, almost hourly, basis.  He works so hard for our family and I love how adamant he is that I stay home and take care of the kids.  He's an amazing dad and I love seeing him play and interact with the kids.  I just feel so lucky to be loved by him.  We have definitely not had an easy 10 years.  We have moved 8 times in those 10 years. Ben's had 7 different jobs.  Only 3 cars, 3 kids, and 3 pets.  There's been a few different health scares and lots of prayers and tears.  So many struggles over the past 10 years but Ben and I regret nothing.  We would not be the couple we are today had we not gone through those rough, hard times.  We know how to communicate and persevere through whatever may come our way.  Our relationship would not be as strong without them.  I'm so grateful that I am married to my best friend and that I get to be with him for eternity.  Stryder loves hearing the stories of our sealing day and I feel so blessed knowing that my family is mine forever.


Here's a collage of us over the past 9 years.  Boy, what a crazy and wonderful ride it's been.

No comments:

Post a Comment