Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Look Back at 2012

Another year is coming to an end.  Time for a review of 2012.

The kids loved getting scooters for Christmas and spent most of January riding them.

Ben and I ran in the Color Run.  I am proud to say that, despite the last few months being bad, I weigh less at the end of the year than I did at the beginning.

March was marked by my birthday and Hunger Games.  This year provided a ton of entertainment at the theaters, our favorites being The Avengers, Brave, The Amazing Spiderman, The Dark Knight Rises, Wreck It Ralph, Skyfall, and my most favorite, Les Miserables.

We dyed eggs as a family the first time in April and I was grateful for surviving wisdom teeth being pulled and a superficial blood clot.

 I love this picture of me and my kids from Mother's Day...the best part of May.

 June was a busy month.  I spent a week in Utah with the kids, helping prep for Rachel's wedding.  Aunt Rachel became Rachel Morris and the Brown family grew some more.  Soren was the ring bearer and I was photographer.

 I went to Girl's Camp in July.  It was such a great experience and I feel super lucky to have been able to have gone.  That month we also bought our new car.

 All three of my kids started school in August.  Stryder in 4th, Shelby in 2nd, and Soren in kindergarten.  My schedule of going to the school 3-4 times a day is getting really old but I do love my alone time in the afternoons.  Still not sure how all day next year will be.

 In September, we saw Wicked!  It still makes me so happy to remember that day and how great it was.

 Of course, Halloween is a big deal to our kids and enjoyed another fun day of dressing up in October.

Shelby had a big couple months as she turned 8 in November and was baptized the next month.

 December marked another great Christmas in this house.  We will be starting our 3rd year in this house in 2013, and we are still loving it.  Well not loving the months of road construction but it has made it a lot less busy.  We are hopeful that in the next couple of years we will be able to buy this house and permanently call it home.

2012 was a very full year for us.  A couple trips to Utah, lots of family gatherings, finishing one school year and starting another, swimming at Grandpa Day's, saying goodbye to our cousin missionary, new church callings, and just living life.  I took lots and lots of pictures this year for others too, a baby shower, birthday party, engagements, a sealing, a wedding, a few family sessions, a one year old, a new missionary, and Santa.  And I loved it all.  We are super hopeful for 2013 and look forward to what it may bring for us.  So long 2012...really glad the Mayans were wrong :)


No comments:

Post a Comment