Friday, March 21, 2014

Project- Find Joy {Days 59-72}

The kids and I headed to Salt Lake City to see Ben (and a cousin's baptism) and it was so so great to be a family again and eat a meal together.

While I was up there, Ben surprised me with a night away at The Anniversary Inn. Neither of us wanted to go home especially since it was separate homes 450 miles away from each other. Ben will be coming home to pack us up for our first move to Utah, a week from today. It will mark 6 weeks away with only two days together.

Once we got back home, it was back to the grind for us and Nevada Reading Week dress up days.
Crazy sock day, of course.

 This was a quiet moment where they were all getting along. One of those moments I had to capture to prove that it does actually happen sometimes.

 They got "Tied up" in reading that day.

 I've still been pounding pavement and do about 10 miles a week. And I took this picture after I ran a whole mile without stopping. Yep, it had to be documented.

 CaptainHawkeyeThorMan!

 Oh March basketball, how I do love you!

I told them to clean their room and this is what I found instead. And yes I said "Stay there while I grab my phone".

We went to Uncle Trevor's last basketball game as a Brown Bear. It was a good time and I think we only embarrassed him a little bit ;).

This kid learned how to ride a bike. And a neighbor boy taught him. And yes he's almost 8. And the next day Shelby learned too. Yep she's 9 and a half. I'm an awesome parent.

Found this note Shelby wrote for Ben. This has been some of the hardest times but I'm hopeful it will all be for our good.

No comments:

Post a Comment