Monday, November 10, 2014

Hannah and I

Now that I've shared our fertility story I wanted to share little brother's name and why we chose it.
We were really struggling with coming up with a name this time around. Part of me didn't care if we used another S name or not but the other part was really bugged that we hadn't found an S name. And a lot of our family on both sides were pretty adamant that we use an S name. Well one morning a couple weeks ago, I came to Ben and said that we NEEDED to pick a name, it was driving me nuts to not have a name picked out. I was so concerned that if anything were to happen to him and he needed a quick name and blessing I didn't want us wasting our time deciding on a name. So Ben suggested Sam. Now Sam was a name we had talked about way back months ago but I didn't love it and felt it was a little to plain compared to our other boys. But out of curiosity I looked up the meaning of Samuel...

The name Samuel is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Samuel is: Heard of God; asked of God. Hebrew Meaning: The name Samuel is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Samuel is: Name of God; asked of God; heard by God.

And it was like BAM! that's his name. Then we started reading more about Samuel's story in the Old Testament and I just couldn't contain the tears and the Spirit confirming to me over and over again that his name was Samuel. Hannah's story spoke to my very soul. In 1 Samuel 1:20 and 27 it says

 20 Wherefore it came to pass, when the time was come about after Hannah had conceived, that she bare a son, and called his name Samuel, saying, Because I have asked him of the Lord.
 27 For this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of him:

We told the kids and they were so excited and talked about Samuel the Lamanite's story as well. Stryder wants to call him Sam-wise from Lord of the Rings, which is funny and appropriate. They are all so anxious for him to get here. His full name will be Samuel Teddy and I simply love it. Teddy is my grandpa Waters first name and I can't think of another man that I want to name my son after. I'm just so grateful for this little spirit who is joining our family soon and for the Lord finally answering my prayers. 

And just a little update, I had another ultrasound today to check his growth and he's measuring 11 days ahead and already just over 3 lbs. So it's no wonder I've been so uncomfortable, Samuel is a big baby :) Just about 10 more weeks till we get to meet our little miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment