Friday, April 24, 2015

A Blessing Birthday

On my 32nd birthday this year, I got the best present. I was surrounded by my family and watched my husband use his Priesthood to bless our sweet baby Samuel. Due to crazy schedules and our ward having it's ward conference we blessed Sam at home. And since his uncle Randall is in our ward's bishopric he presided over it. We sang "I am a Child of God" and "Families Can Be Together Forever" and then the men gathered around my little boy. To make the day even better, my parents and grandpa Waters made the trip up and were there with us. It was extremely special to have Samuel's namesake in the circle. My great uncle Bob was in it too along with Jay, Steve, Grandpa Rob, Mike and Randall. Such great men and strong Priesthood examples. I felt so much love from those who were there and from those who weren't.

My little brother Trevor was there too and got Sam completely dressed in his outfit by himself. Stryder followed him around the whole time and just idolizes him. I hope Trevor knows how much this family loves and misses him. He's such an awesome uncle.



This is 4 generations of my Waters family. Pretty amazing if you ask me. And I'm so grateful that Grandpa made the trip with my mom and dad.
 
Isn't my dad so young and handsome?! No way this is his 9th grandbaby.

I love my parents so much and there wasn't anything I wanted more than to have them there. It was all the present I needed.



Later that evening, we walked to the park so my mom could do an Easter egg hunt with the kids. She sure loves to spoil her grandkids.

I love my family so much and I can't even put into words how happy it makes me knowing I will have them for forever. That was a birthday I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment