Monday, August 27, 2012

4th, 2nd, and kindergarten

Today was the first day of school.  With today comes a new stage in our lives.  All three kids are in school this year.  I'm not quite sure how I'm this happened and I really don't like  it but I'm on my own for 2 and a half hours every day now.  We had a great stress-free morning and I'm hopeful that this will be a great year for the kids.  

Stryder was actually really excited to start school after a month of dreading it.  It helped that he learned that his class would be filled with friends.  

Shelby has been excited for school to start since school got out.  She already loves her teacher and couldn't stop talking about all the fun she had today.

This little dude was awesome!  In the car before I dropped him off, he was very concerned about me being alone.  He said "Mom are you going to be ok?  You will have the dogs for company so you don't have to be alone right?"  He is such a sweetheart and was only concerned about me.  He got in line and walked in like a champ.  It was me that turned and walked away with tears in my eyes.



 Shelby's star hair for the first day of school.

Hot and sweaty faces at the end of the day.  Everyone survived and wants to go back tomorrow.

As I reach this new stage in my life, I'm sad.  My babies are growing up and my role is changing.  I actually miss those days of no sleep, endless diapers, and little babies.  Now it's video games, endless homework, and big kids.  I'm not ready for this...but I guess here goes nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment