Saturday, November 10, 2012

My Grateful List

The week looks a lot different when you know you have to type up what you are grateful for at the end.  I've been trying to really love and appreciate what I have instead of longing for what I want.  Some days I admit it, I fail.  While other days are huge successes.  Here's my grateful list for this week.
I'm grateful for...
- My Young Women and leaders and the sweet spirit that was there for our Night of Excellence.  The speakers were amazing and the food was good and not setting the desert on fire was an added bonus.
- Being able to go to the temple and being a part of something truly wonderful with so many ward members.
- Random days off in the middle of the week.
- Pictures like this from Shelby.  I like to think I may have done something right when I get precious pictures like this one.








- Ben starting up great conversation around the dinner table that had everyone taking turns saying "I love you because..." and giving reasons to every member of the family.
- Date nights with the hubby.  Even if it was just a dinner out, it was nice to spend some time together.
- My talents and being able to use them.  I love taking pictures and especially love it when it's my cute niece or nephew.
- The weather finally getting cold enough to pull out winter clothes and box up summer clothes.
- Hand-me-Downs...my kids would have hardly any clothes without them.
- Soren being an awesome kid and earning Diamond of the Week at school.  I was so worried about him at the beginning of the school year and now it's so rewarding to see him thrive and enjoy kindergarten and his new friends so much. 













1 comment:

  1. I'm grateful for:
    - companionship
    - friends to share ideas and concerns with
    - 24 incredible grandchildren
    - 7 sons and 9 daughters who all try to take very good care of us. No such thing as in-laws in our family. They are mine! (Although I don't mind sharing them with their other family too:)
    - a home to gather my family in
    - plenty of food
    - talents that give me joy
    - the scriptures and Ensigns
    - teachings and guidance from the Holy Ghost
    - every person who has influenced my life for good
    - my brothers and sisters on both sides of the family and in our wards
    - my cousins
    - the best Moms and Dads, Grandpas and Grandmas...
    All of these have been a gift to my life from my Heavenly Father, who loves me.
    Thanks, Taryn, for encouraging me to sit and ponder what I am most grateful for. It's left me with such a sweet feeling:)

    ReplyDelete