Monday, November 26, 2012

So Blessed

I would be really disappointed in myself if I didn't write down how grateful I am for this past weekend.  This weekend was wonderful.  
We had Thanksgiving dinner with Ben's parents and older sister and her family.  The food was good, the kids were well behaved and the conversation was even better.  Then we moved to my parent's house to have dessert with my whole family.  Once again, it was so  good!  I'm so incredibly grateful for our families.  I feel so lucky with how awesome my in-laws are and love that we get to spend so much time with both sets of grandparents.  I'm so grateful for my parents and all that they do for me and my family.  And life would be so boring without my sisters and little brother.
Friday was super lazy yet super great.  It was just so nice to be in pjs all day and hang out as a family.  No black Friday shopping in stores for me but I did snag a few deals online and I'm super grateful for the means to give my family a good Christmas.
Saturday was busy and productive.  The Christmas decorations started going up.  We bought our first tree since the one my parents bought us several years ago finally bit the dust.  Our new tree is different and beautiful and I promise to post pictures of it soon.  We bought the last of the supplies needed for Ben's family stocking stuffers.  All in all, it was an exhausting day but so much was accomplished.  
Sunday, our cute little family of 5 sang in Sacrament Meeting.  We sang the Primary song "Love is Spoken Here".  Now it wasn't perfect but it sure was beautiful and so special to us.  It was something we'd been practicing together for a couple weeks and to have it all sound so amazing was truly a blessing.  Stryder had been fighting a cold and just about lost his voice Thursday and Friday but sounded awesome come Sunday and I managed to make it through the whole song without crying.  Prayers were definitely answered that day.  I'm so grateful for the talents my family has been blessed with and for the opportunity to share them.  Later that day, we sang for my extended family at my Grandpa Waters' house.  It was another sweet moment for us as the Spirit was so strong in that little room full of some of my most very favorite people.  I could even feel those that I couldn't see.  How grateful I am for my knowledge of eternal families.  That evening, we finished decorating and putting things away.  My mantle and fireplace wall are now the best part of my house.  Pictures coming soon of that too.  
Then as I kissed my babies goodnight, I was overwhelmed with gratitude.  It was so nice having Ben home for 4 days and I'm so grateful for all the time we got to spend together as a family.  I'm so grateful for a Heavenly Father who found me worthy to take care of these sweet little ones.  I'm grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ and for His atoning sacrifice, so that I can return to live with Him one day.  And extremely grateful to be sealed to my family for all of eternity.  This was a Thanksgiving weekend I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment