Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Saddest Last Day of School

We had an amazing school year this last year.  I can't even begin to describe how these teachers helped shape and love my kids this year and how grateful I am for it.  I feel like we were so blessed and the Lord knew we needed these teachers this year and put my kids in the very best class for them to learn and grow.
 
Stryder had Ms Carlson.  She was new at the start of the year and so we weren't sure what we were getting into.  Thankfully, she was incredible and the best teacher Stryder could have had.  He loved her class and used to come home and tell me all the fun things they were doing in class.  I cried to her more than once as I thanked her over and over again for being so great with him.  Stryder has been the one kid who keeps me up at night and on my knees the most.  This year though, he has changed.  He's not perfect or even super great but I have seen such growth in him this year and I think Ms Carlson helped.  Stryder was super sad on the last day of school knowing he would have a different teacher in the fall.  Thanks Ms Carlson for being such an amazing teacher who loves and cares for these kids and for teaching them how to succeed, live with integrity, and dance.

Shelby had Mrs. Adams for second grade.  I love these pictures of Shelby and her girlfriends and Mrs. Adams because it just screams Mrs. Adams class to me.  She was so fun and loving and had a great bunch of girls.  Shelby just continued to bloom and grow this year.  She's such a smarty pants and I know Mrs. Adams was very sad to see her move on and Shelby came crying to me later that night just so upset at the thought of not having Mrs. Adams next year.  I loved my Fridays in her class helping and looked forward to it every week.  I really connected with her and we laughed at the fact that all 3 of her kids' names start with S too.  I'm so excited to be doing PTA and be able to continue to work with Mrs. Adams in the fall and hope she's still in second grade when Soren gets there.  Thanks Mrs. Adams for allowing Shelby to be bossy and helpful in your class and for loving her so much.

Oh Ms Greenough, I don't even know where to start.  As you can see this is my third kid to have her and we love her.  She has been there for all of my kids' firsts in school.  She helps them start down the path of reading and loving school and I can't even begin to thank her enough.  It was SO hard for me to leave that last day of school knowing that as of right now we won't have her as a teacher again (however, she did promise to come back if I have another one).  She taught all of my kids "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!" which I always continue to remind them of.  She's funny and caring and really loves those kids.  I have loved helping in her class over the past few years and will miss that kindergarten room.  Thanks Ms Greenough for your years of service, teaching and helping my little ones become big ones, even if it makes me sad to see them get so big.  We will never forget all you have done and I hope you know how much you mean to this family.

No comments:

Post a Comment